About Fundamentals of Blockchain and Cryptocurrency
This course is an attempt to ‘demystify’ Blockchain and Cryptocurrency. The goal is to provide a practical, easy and interesting approach to understanding Blockchain and Cryptocurrency. Based on the widespread notion that Blockchain is a high-technology area and should be reserved for technology experts and mathematical geniuses, this course provides a simple alternative route to appreciate the immense potential of Blockchain and Cryptocurrency, of which Bitcoin is a focal area. This is because Bitcoin is the most popular offshoot of the blockchain technology. Hence, this course is first designed to introduce students to Blockchain as a technology, and then to Bitcoin as an application of the Blockchain technology to facilitate the exchange of values.
At the end of the course, students will be well equipped with the requisite knowledge to navigate the high-technology terrain of Bitcoin and other alternative coins. Additionally, they can begin to take advantage of the monumental benefits of Blockchain to secure and ease their transactions as well as enhance their career prospects and income. The course broadly covers the basics of Blockchain and Cryptocurrency together with their unique features.
After completion of the course, delegates will:
- be equipped with the requisite knowledge to navigate the high-technology terrain of Bitcoin and other alternative coins.
- take advantage of the monumental benefits of the blockchain technology to secure and ease their transactions as well as enhance their career prospects.
- appreciate, more than ever, the importance of Blockchain and the role Bitcoin is playing in the technological revolution of today.
- Introduction to Blockchain
- Blockchain Problem Solving
- Blockchain Industrial Use Cases
- Other applications of Bitcoin
- Basics of Bitcoin
- Cryptography and Mathematics
- Bitcoin in Practice
- Bitcoin Mining
- Bitcoin Security
- Bitcoin Governance
- Bitcoin Future and Bitcoin Improvement Plan (BIP)
- Alternative to Bitcoin (altcoins)
AchieversKlub Conference Centre
1 Sturdee Avenue, Rosebank
Johannesburg, South Africa View Directions
3-6 June 2019
17-21 June 2019
18-19 July 2019
1-4 July 2019
22-23 July 2019- Nairobi Kenya
25-26 July 2019- Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
5-8 August 2019
2-5 September 2019
7-10 October 2019
4-7 November 2019
2-5 December 2019
R2 800.00- Within South Africa
R3 600.00- International Locations